Serves 2 | Gluten-free
These pancakes are not only a brunch and breakfast favourite, but make a delicious dessert too, keeping you full for hours afterwards thanks to the protein-packed ingredients. They are super-speedy and can be made in just 15 minutes!
According to The Felix Project, bananas are one of the UK’s most wasted foods. So don’t chuck ‘em. Make this tasty recipe instead!
This recipe makes 4 pancakes, 2 per person, and they are delicious drizzled with a little maple syrup, a natural sugar containing antioxidants.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp of Mindful Chef Organic Porridge Oats
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- Handful of blueberries
- Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Peel the bananas and mash in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork.
- To make the pancake batter, mix the eggs into the mashed banana and add the porridge oats, ground flaxseeds and ground almonds. Stir in the blueberries.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat with 1/2 tablespoon of oil (you’ll need to cook them in batches) and spoon in a quarter of the mixture for each pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until turning golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes as they are, or drizzle with the maple syrup.
This recipe is taken from p. 48 of our best-selling cookbook Mindful Chef: Eat Well, Live Better.
Looking for more? check out our huge healthy recipe database with over 1000 healthy recipes for every occasion.